Commercial Risk Advisor
Department: Commercial Risk Advisor
Reports to: Strategy Partner
Why Renaissance Insurance Group?
We are one of the fastest growing insurance brokerages in Colorado and mutually productive employee engagement is our priority. Our firm is looking for top-notch Insurance Professionals to guide our clients through the complexities of insurance. RIG team members are known for our transparency, curiosity, integrity, and innovative solutions. Whether you are starting out, open to selling your current book, or somewhere in between – let’s explore the opportunities together!
Job Description: Commercial Risk Advisor
This is a perfect opportunity to either maximize or build your professional network to assist business owners based on the Front Range and Rocky Mountain Region in managing their long-term cost of risk. The consultative approach that has established RIG as a leading insurance broker in our marketing territory will be an essential element of success for the right individuals to develop a significant portfolio of clients.
Our highly experienced service professionals and breadth of carrier relationships will provide you with a wealth of resources to help you reach your full potential. Business development is the focus of the position and offering commercial risk solutions to clients in an area that is experiencing tremendous growth will lead to a successful career in a dynamic industry. Training for the right sales professional that is new to the insurance industry is also available.
- Create a Business Plan with direction and assistance from the Strategy Achievement Partner
- Consistently identify and build a reservoir of potential clients in the marketing area based upon the Business Plan.
- Consistently develop referral partner relationships based upon the Business Plan.
- Contact potential clients by personal visits, email, text, virtually or over the telephone.
- Determine expiration dates plus present scope of insurance coverage – analyze existing exposures.
- Determine each potential client’s risk objectives and customize comprehensive insurance solutions to better manage their long-term cost of risk.
- Qualify a prospect for both eligibility and acceptability (to include financial, health, stability, and profitability)
- Track activity in agency’s CRM
- Present proposals ensuring company minimum limits are maintained
- Gather all information necessary for complete submissions to Carriers
- Participate in technical training studies on an “on-going” basis as defined in Business Plan.
- Keep abreast of developments in the marketplace, including product line offerings, and changing insurance consumer trends and needs
- Deepen relationships with RIG’s commercial insurance trading partners.
- Exceed pre-determined sales goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of successful consumer engagement experience
- Experience interacting with local business community
- Relationship building
- Strong sense of urgency and thorough follow up
- Colorado P&C License
- 4-year College degree – preferred
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Windows Suite
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Thoughtful, Considerate, Competitive and Confident
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Driven for success with strong sales aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Team player
- Ability to daytime travel (50-75%) in local marketing area
- This position requires routine or periodic travel which may require the teammate to drive their own vehicle or a rental vehicle. Acceptable results of a Motor Vehicle Record report at the time of hire and periodic review are to be expected.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When owning a business that requires unique and high-risk coverage, it is comforting to know that Renaissance Insurance has my business’ best interest in mind. The staff is knowledgeable from top to bottom and I value their experience and attention to detail.”
Guy McIntosh III, Owner, Safe Site Inc.